The Edinburgh Climate Compact is a commitment by the leading businesses and employers in Edinburgh to take action within their own organisation to contribute to a green recovery and radically reduce the city’s carbon emissions.
The Climate Compact outlines clear action areas that organisations commit to in signing the document. Action areas are clear but specific actions are not always given to allow space for each organisation to tailor activity to their own particular context.
Organisations interested in joining the Edinburgh Climate Compact should review the document's commitments and ensure sign-off at the highest level in the organisation. You may wish to use the introductory presentation about the Edinburgh Climate Compact to share information about the compact with colleagues.
As founders of the Edinburgh Climate Compact, we will convene, catalyse and challenge signatories. We will recognise and celebrate what organisations are doing now and highlight actions they plan to take on their journey to net-zero.
How does it work?
Within the first month of joining signatories will have to:
- Publish their current emissions
- Publicise information on they are currently doing to reduce their climate impact.
- Complete the benchmarking sheet and return it to the compact’s administrator
- Contribute to regular blogs on progress, to be featured on the commission website
- Attend the Compact all signatories meetings to share successes and challenges
- Champions will host on a rotating basis
- Complete the annual benchmarking sheet
The Commission will review your application and a formal invite to join will be issued. It is required that this document is signed by a senior leader (CEO or similar).
Edinburgh Climate Compact signatories
The Edinburgh Fringe Festival
Edinburgh International Festival
SP Energy Networks
Shepherd and Wedderburn
The City of Edinburgh Council
The University of Edinburgh